Through the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA), Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway are partners in the internal market with the Member States of the European Union.
In order to promote a continuous and balanced strengthening of economic and trade relations, the parties to the EEA Agreement have established a multiannual Financial Mechanism known as EEA Grants.
The EEA Grants aim to reduce social and economic disparities in Europe and strengthen bilateral relations between these three countries and the beneficiary countries. For the period 2014-2021, a total contribution of 2.8 billion euros was agreed upon for 15 beneficiary countries. Portugal will benefit from a grant of 102.7 million euros.
Learn more at eeagrants.gov.pt
- High quality and disruptive sustainable tourism product development
- R&D of sustainable nautical tourism routes
- Integration of various Nautical Services in on product
- Rehabilitaion of natural tourism in Portuguese territory using modern marketing and online platforms
- Awareness of good environmental practices, tourism sustainability and ocean protection
Actions to be Developed
- Online platform restructuring
- Construction, communication and dissemination of brand and innovate tourism product
- Design and construction of vessel with the low dependency on fossil energies for R&D of tourist routes
- Exploration support and environmental awareness workshops
- Exploration, management and quality control of the innovative tourism product
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, the constraints caused, especially in the tourism sector with the cancellation of international trips, as well as the challenges posed by war and inflation, the results of the project have been positive!
10 flotilla weeks accomplished
+100.000 people reached
6 workshops on good environmental practices
1 R&D and support vessel low CO2 emissions fully operational
3 New Routes Developed